- More than 24,000 people have actually contracted the coronavirus, and 494 individuals have actually died from it.
- Carnival Cruise Line, Royal Caribbean International, and Norwegian Cruise Line are banning people who have actually been to China in the weeks before a cruise from cruising on their ships.
- Royal Caribbean and Norwegian have also described extra health screenings some passengers might receive.
- See Company Expert’s homepage for more stories
The world’s three biggest cruise lines are taking precautions to protect travelers and crew members from the coronavirus, which has actually killed 494 people and contaminated more than 24,000
Royal Caribbean has actually canceled all cruises in China and Hong Kong through completion of February. For all other cruises, anybody who has been in China or Hong Kong in the 15 days prior to their journey will not be permitted on board. Customers because group will have their trip refunded.
The following groups will be needed to receive special health screenings:
- Passengers and team members who have actually touched with anyone who has been to China in the 15 days before a cruise
- Anybody with a passport from China or Hong Kong
- Passengers who say they’re not feeling well or reveal any flu-like signs
If a passenger or team member is discovered to have a fever or low blood oximetry, they will not be enabled to board the ship.
” These actions are intentionally conservative, and we ask forgiveness that they will trouble a few of our visitors,” a Royal Caribbean representative said.
Consumers and crew members who have actually been to mainland China in the 30 days prior to their cruise will not be enabled to board. For cruises starting in Hong Kong, passengers with a temperature level of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or higher won’t be able to board.